Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Check the Tablet.

I love cool quotes, abstract thinking, and some controversial beliefs but...

I have realized lately that all of those quotes and beliefs tend to sit differently based on the heart it comes from.

One of my favorite verses in the Bible talks about God writing on the tablet of the heart. The past few days the thought most pounding my mind has been...

"The profoundest of words written on a dirty tablet are hard to read."

So it is the same with my heart...

"The most sincere beliefs spewing from a janky heart can sound corse and rebellious."

I will keep the tablet clean so that the author may finish His story.

4 comments:

  1. The Author always writes on a clean tablet, the story is only misread when the holder of the tablet neglects it. The tablet is left un protected or uncared for or maybe the possessor simply doesn't like the story and tries to change the writing. The holder of the tablet forgets he/she is not the Owner or the Author. When the tablet becomes dirty, discarded, or marred, the words are distorted and easily misread. No matter how great the Author's intent, the story is misinterpreted and FEW will ever read it. The important thing to remember in possessing the tablet is to never forget Who the OWNER is, and always remember it is HIS STORY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's simple but profound. Very good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a cool quote fan myself and this will be added to my list. Yes I keep a list and incidentall you are featured on it. From one of your messages at the E.D.G.E. You said this, "I want to get into heaven on my hands and knees knowing I didn't have anything left" It inspired me something awful. There is no use in holding anything back, if I'm not crawling face down into heaven that means I kept a little bit of strength for myself instead of giving it to the Lord.

    Good show on the article

    ReplyDelete